Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New Personal Best at Buckhorn

Is Raleigh discovering Buckhorn?

Was out yesterday, and there must have been 8 cars in the parking lot. Not crowded by Kentwood standards, but I've never seen that many at Buckhorn. Granted it was one of those days where you have to grab your opportunity to play (early January, before school is back in session), but still...

Got a new low, 51, from the white tees, and I hit the basket on three long putts. I did make pars on three of the four long holes, but I took a bogey on 17 (tree in my way for par putt) and 10 (approach got a roller and rolled away), which is to say, I left strokes on the course.

It felt good. I continue to putt loosey-goosey and agressive, which suits me. I did get a few good breaks on drives (you have to on a tight course).

I see there is a tourny coming up in February, so perhaps I will use it as the first in which I play Master division, since, yep, I get to move up to the 40 and over crowd.

Buckhorn:

3-3-3 3-3-3 2-2-3 OUT (25)
4-2-3 3-2-3 2-4-3 IN (26) 51

No comments: