Monday, August 13, 2007

New Best Score at Buckhorn

I feel like I've been improving my game marginally over the last few months, which is gratifying. It's nice to think that I'm on the plus side of forty and I haven't peaked yet. Of course, part of that is my being such a short thrower to begin with that I'm not losing distance. I've also been putting better since I moved to putting mostly with an XD instead of an Aviar. I just get more glide.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to translate that into improved tourney results. I still get nervous, which affects putting. But I'm getting there. I managed to stop the bleeding on a messed up round at Sanford this weekend, and I did get six birdies in my other round (to go with my five bogeys), so I feel like I'm getting marginally better there, too.

Buckhorn 8-12-07

2-3-4 3-2-3 2-2-3 (24) Out
2-2-3 3-3-3 2-3-4 (25) In 49

I see that I didn't even play a perfect round. I made some tough putts on 8 and 10, but I missed a makeable putt on 15 (from bottom of the hill) and 18 (overshot the hole on approach). I also need to remind myself that getting 3s on holes 4, 12, and 17 are as big (for me) as deuces on some other holes.

1 comment:

T.C. Truffin said...

Way to go! I'm still waiting for a personal best singles round on my home course.