Thursday, August 23, 2007

TIFF 2007 Lineup

Well, it looks like we have a lineup for the 2007 Toronto International Film Festival.

I will be there from September 6-11, so there is no guarantee that I won't miss some of these. At first glance (I reserve the right to change my mind based on the catalog and friends' recommendations), here's what I'm most interested in trying to screen:

Elizabeth: The Golden Age (this will come to Raleigh, I suppose, and it's a gala, so may have to wait).

Battle in Seattle (Stuart Townsend)
The Brave One (Neal Jordan directs Jodie Foster and Terence Howard)
Death Defying Acts (Gillian Anderson's Houdini pic)
La Grand Illusion (Renoir's 1937 classic on the big screen. Yummy)
Honeydripper (John Sayles! John Sayles!)
Margot at the Wedding (Noah Baumbach's follow up to his premiere film The Squid & the Whale)
No Country for Old Men (Coens do Cormac; like Elizabeth, I'm anxious to see it but know it will come to my town eventually)
Nothing is Private (would be interesting to see what Alan Ball's been up to since Six Feet Under)
Shake Hands with the Devil
Encounters at the End of the World (Werner Herzog)
Darfur Now
My Kid Could Paint That
Terror's Advocate (Barbet Schroeder)
Bucking Broadwy (John Ford on the big screen...double yummy)


This is a first glance and nothing more. I'm sure I'll see a few more international films once I have the catalog.

No comments: