Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Any Group That Would Have Me for a Member...

The Faith and Film Critics Circle has finally completed its annual voting for honors given to 2007 films.

This is something like the fourth or fifth year I've participated in the voting, and about the fourth or fifth year that the results were pretty much antithetical to most of my opinions about the year in film.

This years winners included Into Great Silence and There Will Be Blood. You can see the whole list at The Matthews House Project.

This year I didn't have strong feelings about nearly any of the films that made the final ballot. Oh, well, there's always next year. One may ask why I keep voting when my tastes are so far out of line with the majority? Well, if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the results, right?

1 comment:

M. Leary said...

True Ken. And every organization of this sort requires dissenting votes to function properly. You are a true Protestant.