Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Early Summer Movie Doldrums?

I was conversing with a colleague the other day and we mentioned how we've been relatively disappointed with the early summer movie season. Get Smart leading the box office? I thought Iron Man was okay in a summer movie matinée sort of way, but I confess to having been really disappointed with Indiana Jones. I may be the only person in the world, too, who isn't awaiting anything Pixar with baited breath. (I thought Toy Story 2 was a masterpiece, and The Incredibles was above average, but most other Pixar stuff, including Cars, I thought more sensationally hyped than sensational.

Anyway, I thought I would take this lull in the summer movie season to mention that John Sayles's Honeydripper is now out on DVD and definitely worth a rental. I thought it one of the best films of 2007 and was sorry it didn't get a wider distribution than it did. If, like me, you are a Sayles fan, you should really enjoy it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I allowed numerous great 8 groups to play through at Shearon Harris yesterday. Who won!

michael.medlin@covidien.com