Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Toronto International Film Festival 2008 Countdown

16 days and counting.

TIFF 2008 announced the full slate of films today. I haven't done an exhaustive look yet, but with a preliminary glance, here are the films I'm most anxious to try to get tickets for:

Two Legged Horse -- Samira Makhmalbaf (Contemporary Cinema)
The Terence Davies Trilogy--Terence Davies (Dialogues)
Adam Resurrected--Paul Schrader (Masters)
Of Time and the City--Terence Davies (Masters)
Le Silence de Lorna--Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne (Masters)
Les Plages de Agnes--Agnes Varda (Masters)
Three Monkeys--Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Masters)
The People Speak: A Howard Zinn Documentary Project (Mavericks)
Witch Hunt--Dana Nachman and Don Hardy (Real to Reel)
Inju, la bĂȘte dans l'ombre--Barbet Schroeder (Special Presentations)
Me and Orson Welles--Richard Linklater (Special Presentations)
Miracle at St. Anna--Spike Lee (Special Presentations)
Sarabande and Winter--Nathaniel Dorsky (Wavelengths I)

I'm sure that list will be tweaked as I get and peruse the catalogue.

You may all envy me now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ken,
I am very envious, especially of the Linklater. I'll give you a dollar to come back and report to Another Film Board that 3 Monkeys was only 25% as good as Terry Gilliam's Twelve Monkeys.